Friday 18 October 2013

My Reasons To Be Cheerful This Week - #R2BC

I haven't joined in with this linky for a while now, just keep forgetting or putting it off. I have decided I have a lot to be happy about this past week and want to share it. That is the beauty of this linky, even if you feel you have had a fairly mundane week, it really makes you reflect on past events and be thankful and happy for things that you wouldn't normally give a second thought to.


The first thing that I am not only happy but "over the moon" about is that I got a job which I start next week. Being out of work and a SAHM for so many years has always made getting back into employment a very daunting prospect and as much as I am nervous about starting I am excited about all the wonderful opportunities which will hopefully be achievable now.

Another thing I am happy with this past week is reaching a very big milestone in my weightloss journey. I have officially said goodbye to 5 stone of weight! Can you believe it? I have to keep pinching myself honestly. I never thought I would lose anything when joining and now look at me. I have had a bad few months with weight watchers so I am happy I seem to be back in the swing of things.

Finally, I got to go to an event last week and meet a bunch of lovely ladies who are all wonderful bloggers. The event was for a company called Tinyme. We enjoyed a luxury meal and it was set in a beautiful hotel, Brownsover Hall. It was fantastic chatting with so many established bloggers and was a privilege to be invited.



Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart
What has made you happy this week?



5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting a job. Hope you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the job. I've been a SAHM for 6 years and would find the idea of going back to work pretty scary, but pretty exciting too. I hope you really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some very good reasons indeed. New job - hope we have one of those to announce soon. Good Luck and remember you are wonderful - mum's so often underestimate themselves. Blogger events can be such a change and a treat. You may just have reminded me well how wonderful it feels to lose weight. Must get back on track. Fab reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvellous week indeed, massive well done on the new job and the weight loss and glad you enjoyed the tinyMe event sadly I could not make it. Mich x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...